Friday, September 9, 2011

Test Schemes

So far I've done two test schemes, one with red tunics and one with green tunics. I'm set on gold for the armour, and dark silver for the weapons and chainmail, grey on the gloves/boots and purple on the beards - the only thing I have to decide on is red or green tunics.
No one colour scheme is jumping out at me as 'the one', but at this point I'm leaning towards the red, as that seems to suit my theme from the army, which I guess at this point is still a fluid concept. Here are some photos:

Red
Green (wash is still a little wet!)

Here is the palette I used:
     Red - Formula P3 Skorne Red
     Green - Citadel Knarloc Green
     Purple - Citadel Liche Purple
     Gold - Tamiya Gold Leaf
     Grey - Formula P3 Greatcoat Grey
     Skin - Citadel Tanned Flesh
     Silver - Citadel Boltgun Metal

They aren't revolutionary colour schemes, but I think they both look fair considering each model only took me around 15-20 minutes to finish. Based on that I'm estimating I can get 5 troops done in an hour and a half.

When I have a specific theme for any army, usually the colour scheme paints itself. So I guess I'll think more on some background for my army, and once that is a little clearer in my mind hopefully deciding on a colour scheme will be easier.


Sync out.

No comments:

Post a Comment