Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dark Horizons

So before opening my second Abyssal Dwarf Army box, a friend made an exciting and difficult proposition. He proposed a trade - my second Abyssal Dwarf Starter Army box for an Undead Army Starter box. I hadn't opened the second box yet, as I'm still working through my first Abyssal Dwarf Starter box and the War Conclave.


This was a difficult decision for me. I love the look of Mantic's Undead miniatures - when I was looking into starting a Kings of War army, Undead was the army that jumped out at me. But I have also committed to making an Abyssal Dwarf army, and started this blog dedicated to it's fulfilment.

Then it hit me - why not make an Abyssal Dwarf AND Undead army! It would be legal Kings of War army (I previously outlined army list restrictions) and I would have the opportunity to paint models from the my two favorite Mantic armies, and have them march under the same banner.
I can't believe that I didn't think to make an Abyssal Dwarf AND Undead  from the beginning! I guess it was because I only discovered you can combine armies with similar alignments together AFTER deciding on Abyssal Dwarfs. By the time I had learnt this rule, I was already set on a completely Abyssal Dwarf army.


After confirming the trade with my buddy, my imagination went into overdrive and within the hour I had a solid concept for my army, as well as deciding on a colour scheme for my troops.
So I've added some items to my TO DO list - revamping this blog with new colours and designs, updating my lore and fan-fiction, and redoing my army list!

I'm really excited about getting some Undead ready for war, and it's really only with a game like Kings of War I would be able to make an army like this!

Sync out.

No comments:

Post a Comment